Hi everyone and thanks for calling in to see my entry in the Just Add Ink Colour Challenge #433.
As soon as I saw the colours of the Challenge, this card appeared in my head as a none traditional Christmas card. The brightness of the three colours just screamed to be made into snowflakes – IDK, I guess I was having a strange day. LOL
But I do love the way this card came out, so much so, I decided to make this into a YouTube ad for my channel. LOL
I diecut the snowflakes from Snowfall Thinlits dies, in all three colours, and then covered them in versamark before dunking them into clear embossing powder and heat setting the powder. I repeated this to give them a really glossy look.
I diecut the square with two square dies and removed the frame – I may use it in another project later.
Then I stamped a snowflake from the Snow is Glistening stamp set with versamark and heat set it with clear embossing powder to give the whisper white layer some added interest.
I inked versamark onto the sentiment stamp and then inked it again straight away with Lemon Lime Twist ink, then stamped it onto the small square panel and then added clear embossing powder before heat setting. (Remember the versamark goes on the stamp first then the coloured ink – so your versamark pad doesn’t get damaged.)
I used a ton of dimensionals to adhere the whisper white top layer to the silver glimmer paper. And another five dimensionals to adhere the centre square.
Each snowflake has either a large or mini dimensional behind it, and is added to the white layer, not the glimmer paper. I added the clear faceted gems to the top of each snowflake, using one of each size.
Below are a variety of images of the finished card!
Oh and I should add, I did want to use white glimmer paper, not silver, but I didn’t have any here. I think the white glimmer would have made the card look even better. 😉
Thanks for visiting!
Until next time,
- Stampin’ Trimmer  $50.00
- Simply Scored  $50.00
- Paper Snips Scissors  $17.00
- Clear Block Bundle  $120.50
- SNAIL Permanent Adhesive  $10.00
- Tear & Tape Adhesive  $9.00
- Stampin’ Dimensionals  $6.00
- Glue Dots  $8.00
- Fine-Tip Glue Pen  $12.00
- Whisper White A4 Thick Cardstock  $13.50
- Whisper White A4 Card Stock  $17.00
- Berry Burst A4 Cardstock  $14.75
- Blueberry Bushel A4 Cardstock  $14.75
- Lemon Lime Twist A4 Cardstock  $14.75
- Silver Glimmer Paper  $8.75
- Snowfall Thinlits Dies  $68.00
- Versamark Pad  $15.75
- Clear Faceted Gems  $8.75
- Snow Is Glistening Photopolymer Stamp Set  $37.00
- Lemon Lime Twist Classic Stampin’ Pad  $13.00