Welcome to another Throwback Thursday at DoLally Crafts!
I LOVE THIS CARD!!
Sorry, I just had to put that out there. LOL Balmy Blue is officially my fave new colour – apart from Soft Sea Foam… hmmm… I may have to do this card in that colourway too.
I really do like this card in both the colourways I did them in and think it would look good in basically ANY colour.
Materials & Measurements
Balmy Blue Cardstock – 11 x 4″ scored at 5 1/2″
Whisper White Cardstock – 3 3/4 x 5 1/4″
Balmy Blue Cardstock – 3 1/2 x 4 1/2″ (Top Mat Layer – use this layer to diecut butterfly)
Whisper White Cardstock – 3 1/4 x 4 1/4″ (Top Layer)
Whisper White Cardstock – 3 1/2 x 4 1/2″ (Inside Layer)
To work around the top off-center layer, I decided the easiest way to work it was to create a normal matted top layer that you can stamp the sentiment straight onto, and then place it at an angle on your card base, and then trim around the two edges that hang off the card base.
YouTube Video Tutorial
Still Photo Gallery
I do hope you enjoyed this card and will give it a go with whatever stamps and dies you have available. Unfortunately apart from the cardstock colours and the vellum, everything in this has been discontinued, however, our new butterfly die and some of our new stamp sets could give you a similar look. I have provided links to some products below that could give you a similar look.
Until next time!
- Stampin’ Trimmer  $50.00
- Glue Dots  $8.00
- SNAIL Permanent Adhesive  $10.00
- Stampin’ Dimensionals  $6.00
- Stampin’ Scrub  $30.00
- Stampin’ Mist  $8.00
- Big Shot  $159.00
- Clear Block Bundle  $120.50
- Balmy Blue A4 Cardstock  $14.75
- Whisper White A4 Card Stock  $17.00
- Balmy Blue Classic Stampin’ Pad  $13.00
- White Vellum A4 Card Stock  $15.75
- Abstract Impressions Photopolymer Bundle  $85.50
- Petal Palette Clear-Mount Stamp Set  $61.00
- You’Re Inspiring Clear-Mount Stamp Set  $33.00
- Thoughtful Banners Photopolymer Stamp Set  $37.00
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels  $8.75
- Silver 3/8″ Metallic-Edge Ribbon  $12.25